Sunday, July 28

Review on Maybelline Liquid Eye liner

Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Eyeliner Review:

Hey buds,

        Today I’m feeling excited for no reason and hope the day turns out good. From the post you could make out..it is about Maybelline. I am in love with the Maybelline brand and using few stuff from the same.
With its Colossal range creating a hype everywhere I came across this awesome product few months back. “Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Eyeliner”.



What would I say about it in short? The Hyper Glossy Eyeliner is what it is..glossy and remains as just applied.
I have used many eyeliners and none of it remains the same as applied. It dries up and gives a matte effect and after few hours smudges and finally fades off too. But this one is just as expected.

Package:
Cute and Sleek packaging which attracts many to go for it. (that’s how I got tempted too). The tower shaped plastic bottle has the longest cap that makes it easy to create liners of our choice. The screw type cap prevents the liner from drying out and is study enough. The pink letters on it makes it more attractive.:)

Price:
A little on the heavier side, Rs.225 for 3gm, the quantity being very less.



Maybelline Claims:

  • Glossy Intense Finish
  • Smooth & Precise Application
  • Water-proof,  Smudge- proof.



Ingredients:
 Aqua, Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Denaturated Alcohol, Steareth-20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-21, Caprylyl, Glycol, Xanthum Gum, Tocopherol

Shelf Life:-  30 months from the Mfg date

My take on the product:

First claim, the hyper glossy finish is true and that is the reason I bought it. It is not glittery but glossy as to just have applied. Smooth the precise application being the second claim is partially true. It is smooth but the brush is so thin but thin lines are easy whereas thicker lines are a bit difficult as I had to go over and over. I am more of a thin line person so I like it. It dries of within seconds. Water proof and smudge proof is totally untrue. The glossy line stays just for hours and it comes off like powder after drying for hours. Water proof is also not true as simply rubbing of the eyes takes off the line. Anyway I didn't want anything waterproof but definitely expected smudge proof.



All I did was poured 2 drops of water and swiped once with thumb and there it is gone in flakes. So not water proof and same goes with smudge proof also.



Pros:

  • Glossy finish
  • Easy for thin lines
  • Precise lines can be drawn
  • No tugging but smooth application
  • The long cap and the packaging

Cons:

  • Quantity too less
  • Priced high for quantity
  • Not water proof
  • Smudge proof is a false claim

Availability: Available in every mall and also in online sites

I am happy with the glossy effect on my eye lids but since it is not smudge proof it does not stay long. I recommend you to try once if you want something glossy. I would not buy the next time for this price.

Love,
Adity


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time as it means so much to me. Love you and will reply soon..:)